Tuesday 31 March 2009

Walking to the Shops

I am really enjoying living in the town centre. We are about a 5 minute walk away to 2 supermarkets.... both in different directions, so we walk most times. It does mean however that you have to only buy what you can carry... which is sometimes hard!! My grocery shopping habits have changed completely, at home I would only go to the supermarket once or twice a fortnight and one of these would be quite a big shop. Here I go every 2 or 3 days and just buy what I need for a few days. Every now and again we drive and go to one of the bigger stores which are about 3 minute drive away, this is when I buy more general stuff and stock up on shampoo and soap etc. I'm finding the supermarkets kinda annoying in  a way and I think most of them are the reason why so many other shops have had to close down. They just about have everything, but there's never a lot of choice, and I like choice! Anyway, just some pictures of the girls on our way to Morrisons, which is over the river.  It has been cold again this past week, and I think you notice it more after having a week of sunshine!




2 comments:

Blanche said...

Hi Han, it's always so much fun reading your blog and catching up with what and where you are exploring. I hope you realize that I am living vicariously over the next year. The UK is one place Matt and I would both love to visit. Mostly because of the history. So thanks!!! oh yeah the piano is getting a great workout by the way!!

lauracritchfield said...

wow that looks great. That would be great being able to walk to the shop. I could but the path is a little scary..lol..and it would take 20 minutes I reckon

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!