Saturday 24 May 2008

The Cleaning Lady

 Leilani decided to help me with some cleaning this morning, she loves to help - like most young kids I guess, I'm thinking this will probably end once she actually becomes helpful! But anyway, a bit of window cleaning is better then none right!? So I got out her 'special' cleaning bottle and she did all the windows for me - well the ones she could reach anyway! It kept her entertained for ages so I got the kitchen floor and cupboards washed! If you have a little one that likes to help you out while cleaning but you don't like giving them real chemicals to use, here is my tip: Keep an empty cleaning spray bottle and fill it up with water but add some blue food colouring - this makes it look like real spray! I used to try just filling it up with water but she would always know and want to use my spray bottle. Now she never complains and loves watching the water run down the window and catching it with a cloth! If you leave just a small amount of Windex in the bottom before adding the water your windows do get a bit of a clean and don't come out streaky! 


6 comments:

Debbie said...

Yes well I remember another little girl who used to love to help clean, and it wasn't Laura or Elle!

Cullis Family said...

That is so cute; I hope I have a helper one day!!

Liseee said...

Like mother like daughter... she really is a mini you!!!!

Jaclyn Quarrier said...

Han are you sure she loves cleaning or do you make her wash windows!! Nah she is too cute. She is going to be a total clean freak just like you!!

The Kings said...

So cute! Harri loves to use windex too - I tell him one spray and 5 sprays later he is still trying to spray more! Im sure he will get over helping soon too.

lauracritchfield said...

yeah cause BLUE food coloring on the carpet is just a wonderful thought. I might try that with Mark cause I'm sick of him using all the sprays and stuff in a week because he has to clean 30 times a day. He is a little obsessed I think but in the end it is costing us way too much. He got mad at me the other night for not drying out the sink when I rinsed my plate. Then instead of just drying it out he had to use a bunch of spray and a bunch of paper towels just so it would look "perfect"

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!