Thursday 15 May 2008

The Elephant and The Wheelbarrow

I'm sad to say... but the Melbourne Trip is over.... Okay, so I know that it was really over weeks ago but because I hadn't yet blogged the last little bit I was still hanging on to it like it happened yesterday! But I thought I had better stop being slack and post a few pictures about the end of the trip! I also thought I should move on with my life and stop wishing I was still on  that trip!!


So after all the show and tell we were hungry! So we headed off to 'The Elephant and The Wheelbarrow" mainly because I thought that it would make a really good blog post heading!!! Just kidding -  we went here because it was close and some of our group members had previously had good meals here. It was a nice dinner, I mean we didn't have to cook it and more importantly clean up after it - so it's got to be good right!!? The only thing that was wrong with it - and I mean it was only a teeny weeny little thing and it was that the SALMON WAS RAW AND COLD in the middle! It was quite gross to look at actually and I'm still not sure that we weren't part of a game show or something - please help me out if you are a chef - but as far as I know it's pretty easy to see when salmon is raw - I know what you're thinking - lots of people eat raw salmon - but this was NOT a raw salmon dish - the outside was cooked to perfection and then if you looked with you eyes you could see the middle was totally raw - didn't have to cut into it or anything - it was just sitting there staring at us saying - yes touch me - I'm as cold as ice!  So luckily for me - I ordered a big eye fillet! As you can see here:



And it was pretty good, made me sad though cause I knew Leilani would  loved to have played with the little flag! I was told to get over it and took a bite - it tasted pretty good! But my thoughts go out to the salmon orderers!! Here they are now:



As you can see this was taken before the meals arrived but luckily for them anyway they were also sharing a Nachos which I hear was very tasty so it all worked out in the end!!! 
We stayed up and had a chat before heading to bed - where some of us slept better then others. 

And this is us packed up and ready for home the following morning! Oh the memory of waking up and only having to worry about yourself!! Man it was GOOD!



After a bit more shopping in Melbourne City we sat in the hotel reception and waited while our beloved Angela ordered us a Maxi Taxi!! (not our co-trip coordinator Angela but our extra friendly receptionist Angela!) To kill some time we got a few shots of our bags - just to prove that we had in fact been shopping!



And a few shots of us in the mirror!!! - aren't we cleaver!! We want to see a mirror shot of you mums on your next sisters trip ladies!!   What a mighty good looking bunch we are, might I add! 


No comments:

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!