Saturday 24 May 2008

MAKE-A-DOLL

I have had this Make-a-doll kit for a very long time. Mum gave Elle and I one each when we were about... mmm... I'm not really sure maybe 12 or something? We had started a bit of the sewing but stopped because, well that's what happens!! So today I thought it was time to do something about this poor little unfinished doll! There is still lots to do, but today I managed to turn this:



Into this:



All by myself! I'm quite excited, and can't wait to get it finished! Hopefully Elle will get in and do hers now too. She didn't come with any clothes patterns though so if you have any or know where I can get some from I would love to hear about it! 

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Very impressive!!

Elle said...

is it going to take oyu another 12 years to put the head on though??

Claire said...

I did one of these too!!! And I made a green floral dress and pinny for it . Not sure where I got the dress pattern from though. Maybe have to ask mum about that.

lauracritchfield said...

well she looks like she has a weird shoulder....other than that its rather impressive that you did that whole thing in a day. I think if you went to mums place and looked around you would probably find some clothes that would fit. Mum will just end up seeing a naked doll on her shelf one day and blame Lani for undressing her. But you will have a fully dressed doll - and that's all that matters

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!