Monday 5 May 2008

To Melbourne and Back... Part 1

I knew this was going to be a great trip as soon as I got in the car at 6.30am when Angela, Jaclyn, Lisa and Melinda picked me up. For those of you who haven't caught on yet - Last Wednesday we took off to Melbourne for the night leaving everything behind - I mean everything - our kids, husbands, mothers, worries, clothes, hair spray - for some even deodorant! Well the laughter started at 6.31am when I sat in the car and they all asked where my hand bag was (laughing at me of course!) - I explained that I had to put something in my flam'in suitcase as I wasn't aloud to take anything else (for more information see Jaclyns Blog). Well from that moment on it was all laughs and lots of fun! Here we are boarding the plane - for all those who may have forgotten what that looks like!







And here we are sitting on our Jet Star Flight all looking pretty happy because we still have money in the bank at this stage! Sorry about the blurriness!



Yes, these are our bags at Melbourne airport - Looking quite empty! (well just pretend you can tell that they are empty cause believe me - they are!)



And now, this is exactly 3 hours later - who can spot the full bag that wasn't with us before? At this point, yes I know it looks like we are sitting around waiting for our Maxi Taxi but we are actually checking our wallets to see if we have already blown the budget our husbands set for us! Oh and on another note... what was spent on the trip stays on the trip... so don't ask us!!!! You may be able to work it out though - when you see 'show and tell' that it was A LOT!


So as you can see our first stop was the DFO - which it appeared the taxi driver wasn't too happy about - I tell you, what is some peoples problem! You call a cab they ask "where to?" to which you reply with "The Essendon DFO please" and they say in a grumpy old voice "Oh, is that all?" At this point I felt like saying, "No mate, just joking, we really want to go to Mt Isa... ya drop kick!" But anyway, of course I didn't say any of that but instead smiled and looked out the window! And we got there safely so that's all that matters! So the DFO was great - well, maybe not as good as previous years we were told but I still got some pretty good bargains. My best being a $45.00 top from Espirit for just $4.95 - that's right Mickey $4.95!!! What a beauty!! I was also quite excited when I saw this shop at the DFO - I was a little worried about leaving my blog behind for 2 days, but when I saw that Joe was here doing some Blogging, I felt so much better! Thanks Joe! Oh I forgot to ask Joe what else he does other then Blog!



Stay tuned for 'To Melbourne and Back... Part 2" It should be a beauty! Well, only if you want to

2 comments:

emma_williams said...

Oh, Melbourne taxi drivers are annoying. They hate going to Essendon DFO from the airport because they have to pay a fee to pick people up from the airport, and wait in a car park for 3 hours before they get a fare. So they want it to be a big one! At my work, we get free taxis home after 7pm and I always make them drive me 3 blocks home. They yell at me but it's funny.

Ange Harriss said...

haha yes well we weren't very impressed with any of the taxi drivers - except maybe the last one who told us that there should be more people like us in the world! So he must have thought we were pretty GOOD! haha

Well Han I can't wait for part 2 even though I was on the TRIP! That's a bit sad isn't it!? haha

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!