Friday 30 May 2008

Stake Primary Auxiliary Training Meeting

On Thursday night I attended the Stake Primary Auxiliary Training Meeting. It was a really lovely meeting and I'm so glad I attended. It was nice to see who else is currently serving in Primary from other wards and take the opportunity to spend some time thinking about the primary children and how we can better serve and teach them. Hobart Ward was asked to sing 'If the Saviour Stood Beside Me' It is such a beautiful song and has so much meaning that I have put the words on the side of my blog page. Take a look if you have some time. My favourite quote from the night was about how we need to teach the children and each other I guess. 

"To help others want to learn, our teaching must be interesting.
To help them understand, our teaching must be clear.
To help them retain and ponder what they learn, our teaching must be memorable."

I really want to teach with this in mind, not only my primary children, but my own children. I want their childhood to be interesting, to be clear, and to be memorable. As mothers we have such and important role to make sure this happens. 

1 comment:

Donna said...

It was such a good night and I was pleased to be able to see who else served in Primary as well. Lets hope we can apply what we learn't into our lesson's as well as in our children's lives.

Because everyday is different and we can't remember them all, I thought I had better start writing them down. Welcome to life in the Challis home - where everyday is different!